Friday, April 16, 2010

Che Sen Cherry

We've been out of propane for nearly a week now so I've been drinking a lot of green teas since the coffee maker I use to heat water with at times like this only reaches about 200F, not quite boiling and not hot enough for black teas. This morning I decided I'd rather make my own blend than pick just one. So I picked the Cherry Rose Kyoto Sencha and Che Sen Lotus green teas from my now-organized cupboard. Yes, I now have all my teas organized in nice covered boxes ($6 at WalMart), I'll have to get photos later. Anyway, back to the tea.

The bright yellow liquor smelled like cherry syrup (like what maraschino cherries are packed in in those little jars), luckily the taste wasn't quite so candy-like. The Lotus tea gave this blend a mellower flavor and a very distinct lotus note.

No comments:

Post a Comment