Friday, March 19, 2010

Mee and Dragon

With the lovely SPRING weather we've been having I was in the mood for something green. I chose Chun Mee from EnjoyingTea.com and Curled Dragon Silvertip from Stash (which appears to be discontinued as I couldn't find it anywhere on the site). When I went to take the leaves out of the pot I noticed that the leaves of the two teas were quite easily discernable from each other. The Chun Mee leaves were darker, flatter, and broken whereas the others were thicker, lighter in color, and whole leaves; some even had buds too indicating a spring plucking. The flavor was a bit lighter than I had been hoping for, but then I've forgone green teas for nearly three or four months so I'm a bit out of practice with them. It was very nice but I think I'll wait to experiment with the Silvertip again until we have warmer weather and I can appreciate a lighter tea better.

No comments:

Post a Comment