Sunday, March 14, 2010

Well...I didn't think that would work

I had an omlet for lunch and decided to try doing a blend with some Genmaicha. Unfortunately I was not feeling very creative so with the thought of "This is so not going to work but I'm going to do it anyway because I'm too cussed stubborn for my own good," I grabbed some Che Sen Lotus green tea, nutmeg, and peppercorns and tossed 'em in the pot with the Genmaicha. Once I put the water in to steep the tea I turned away to cook my omlet...and totally forgot that Genmaicha tastes absolutely terrible when over-steeped!

So there I was, with a pot of tea that I was absolutely certain would be the fifth brew to travel down the drain. A bit of sugar in the cup, pour the tea, and wait for it to cool a bit. A few minutes later I took my first sip...WOW! Not only drinkable but it tasted pretty good too!

Isn't it nice when what you think will be a disaster turns out to be one of the best parts of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment